- Bill to push waste separation to be debated todayon 9. December 2019 at 12:00
Prague Daily Monitor Today, the government is to debate the increases and changes to the billing of garbage. The main discussion points are the billing options for garbage, in order to push more people to recycle. The bill would come into effect in 2021, but environmentalists are against the option to delay garbage dump operations closer to 2030 from 2024. read more
- Oldest Czech citizen passes: 108 years old from Kroměřížon 9. December 2019 at 12:00
Prague Daily Monitor Magdalena Kytnerová was born before the existence of Czechoslovakia, in the Austrian-Hungarian Monarchy, in Austria, in March 1911. During her childhood she became an orphan, which never makes life easier. One of her key personality traits was taking things with ease. read more
- Some ski lifts are open and the season is launched in Czechiaon 9. December 2019 at 12:00
Prague Daily Monitor This past weekend was the first to have some open ski lifts in the mountainous areas if the country. Although natural snow is insufficient, snow machines were working throughout the week to get the slopes ready for the season. Limited skiing was open at some resorts in the Beskydy, Krkonoše, Šumava, Uherské Hradiště district, and the Jeseníky mountains. read more
Hungary Today Read here the latest news about Hungary
- Hungarian Press Roundup: 22-year-old Appointed Assistant State Secretaryby Hungary Today on 9. December 2019 at 8:46
Opposition outlets find it abnormal to name a very young woman Assistant State Secretary for Youth, while a pro-government commentator accuses them of duplicity in condemning the nomination. Hungarian press roundup by budapost.eu Background information: 31-year-old Boglárka Illés, Assistant State Secretary for Youth and Opportunity Creation was elected Vice Chairperson of Fidelitas, Fidesz’s youth organisation this The post Hungarian Press Roundup: 22-year-old Appointed Assistant State Secretary appeared first on Hungary Today.
- Syrian Suspect in People Smuggling Ring Taken into Custodyby MTI-Hungary Today on 9. December 2019 at 8:28
A Budapest court has ordered the detention of a Syrian national on the charge of people smuggling, Budapest’s deputy chief prosecutor said on Saturday. The 37-year-old man who lives in Budapest earlier had been granted asylum in Hungary, Pál Fürcht said in a statement. He is suspected of having acted as a leader of an The post Syrian Suspect in People Smuggling Ring Taken into Custody appeared first on Hungary Today.
The Slovak Spectator Slovak news you can trust
- Winners almost always start the game with huge advantageson 8. December 2019 at 13:47
While theoretically open to the best possible candidates, the competition for elite jobs is actually rigged.
- A foreigner killed in central Bratislavaon 8. December 2019 at 13:26
Police are asking eyewitnesses to share information that could help clarify the incident.
- UPDATED: Death toll of the Prešov tragedy has increased to eighton 7. December 2019 at 16:04
The police detained six people.
- Špicák lookout tower accessible via new stairson 7. December 2019 at 8:00
It offers views over Strečno and the Váh river.